Maple Dijon Dressing, my favorite go-to easy homemade salad dressing made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Just 5 minutes to make and perfect on salads, veggies, and bowls!
Love making homemade dressings? Try my favorite go-to dressing! I’ve been whipping up this maple dijon dressing for years and it’s the perfect easy dressing for everyday.
👩🍳 Kristina’s recipe notes
EASE: Super easy, 5-minutes, simple ingredients
PROS: Simple go-to homemade salad dressing
PREP? Good to prep ahead, lasts 4-5 days in fridge
PLAN IT: Make a batch twice a week and to top salad greens
DIETITIAN NOTES: Light vinegar and oil dressing with low sodium and just a touch of sugar from maple syrup
👉 Ready to learn how to make a maple dijon dressing? Let’s do it!
- Extra virgin olive oil: the base of this dressing, olive oil adds deep flavor and is the foundation to mix other ingredients
- Apple cider vinegar: a touch of acidity from vinegar balances the mustard, and adds strong flavor
- Maple syrup: a touch of maple syrup for sweetness, adds a fall flavor profile
- Dijon mustard: adds a burst of flavor and texture, but also serves as an emulsifier for the dressing
- Seasonings: a touch of salt and pepper for flavor balance
- Recommended tools: salad dressing shaker or glass jar with lid
🥣 How to make (step-by-step photos)
1️⃣ Step One: Combine dressing ingredients
First, add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a small jar, bowl, or salad dressing shaker.
2️⃣ Step Two: Mix until well combined
Then shake the jar or salad shaker, or mix with a whisk if using a bowl, until the ingredients are well combined and form a thicker, viscous texture.
3️⃣ Step Three: Serve or store dressing
Serve dressing immediately, or store covered in a jar or container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Shake well when using again.
💡 Ideas for serving
- As a salad dressing. This is my go-to salad dressing recipe and is perfect for all types of salads, both lighter and heavier greens.
- On top of roasted vegetables. Toss this dressing with roasted vegetables like brussels sprouts and broccoli for a sweet and tangy flavor.
- As a drizzle for grain bowls. Add a drizzle of dressing on top of fall grain bowls for deep autumn flavor.
🧊 How to store and reheat
- Refrigerator storage: Store in an airtight container or jar in for up to four days. Shake well before serving.
- Freezer storage: I don’t recommend freezing this dressing, it’s better made and used fresh.
👉 More simple dressing recipes
NOT SURE WHERE TO START WITH PLANT-BASED EATING?
Get my 4-Day Plant-Based Meal Plan to start your journey on the plant path.
Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1 salad shaker or small jar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients: Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a small jar, bowl, or salad dressing shaker.½ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Mix until well combined: Shake the jar or salad shaker, or mix with a whisk if using a bowl, until the ingredients are well combined and form a thicker, viscous texture.
- Serve or store dressing: Serve dressing immediately, or store covered in a jar or container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Shake well when using again.