Hi, I’m Kristina 👋
I’m a registered dietitian nutritionist, environmental educator, and creator of the plant-rich food blog Fork in the Road. I live in Sacramento, CA with my husband, 3-year-old daughter, and a tuxedo cat named Penguin.
I created Fork in the Road because I’m passionate about helping others eat more plants, no matter if you’re already a vegan or just dipping your toe in plant-based eating waters. My goal is to get more plants on your plate at every meal!
Fun Facts About Me
I’d rather be
working in my garden plot
my little family
the big island of hawaii
high fantasy novels
MY LATEST DINNER Recipe
MY LATEST DESSERT RECIPE
My LATEST SIPPABLE RECIPE
Where it all began
I created Fork in the Road in 2015 as a way to share my favorite recipes from my travels with family and friends (hence the name, Fork in the Road). Over the years I began sharing more plant-rich recipes as my husband and I shifted to eating a more plant-based diet.
Today Fork in the Road has grown into a destination for plant-based recipes and green living resources with over 150,000 monthly readers. The site has been featured in publications such as Healthline, Food Tank, Self Magazine, VeryWell, and more.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics, San Francisco State University
- Dietetic Internship Supervised Practice, CA Department of State Hospitals, Napa
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Credential, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Masters of Sustainable Food Systems, Green Mountain College (ongoing)
leadership + AWARDS
- Past President, CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Bay Area District
- Director of Communications, Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietetic Student of Year, CA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
ACCOMPLISHMENTS + training
- 7 years experience nutrition communications and culinary content creation for brands such as OXO, Clif Bar, Maille, Disney, Cranberry Institute, Hass Avocados, and more
- Professional photography and content creation, featured in national magazines and cookbooks
As seen in:
How to work together
After years of running Fork in the Road as a solo creative project while working a full-time job at a foodservice company (fun fact, I still work full-time!) I realized I miss the interaction of working with people directly and helping them realize the powerful way eating a plant-rich diet can impact your life.
In the beginning of 2023 I launched Plant Powered Kitchen Club, my (very low cost) plant-based meal planning app and membership community that features weekly dietitian-developed meal plans, bi-monthly resources and trainings, and monthly Q&A calls.