Apple Slices with Peanut Butter, a super simple two-ingredient snack recipe that’s a classic healthy plant-based snack option. Great plain or with a sprinkle of toppings!
Need a super simple plant-based snack? My go-to easy snack is an apple with a smear of peanut butter, which is great as an afternoon nosh or before bed treat.
👉 Ready to learn how to make an apple with peanut butter? Let’s do it!
- Apple: any type of apples will do, we’re using Gala apples in these photos
- Peanut butter: both creamy or chunky peanut butter will do, we like a natural nut butter
- Optional toppings: try a sprinkle of seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, or even dark chocolate chips
- Recommended tools: knife, cutting board
🥣 How to make (step-by-step photos)
1️⃣ Step One: Wash and cut apple
The first step to making this super simple snack is to wash your apple to remove any dirt or grime from the peel.
Then slice your apple into your favorite shape:
- Apple slices: cut the apple in half, cut away the core, then cut into thin slices
- Apple cubes: cut the apple in half, cut away the core, then cut the halves into small cubes
- Apple rounds: first remove the core with an apple core tool, then cut the apple into round slices
2️⃣ Step Two: Serve apple with peanut butter
Add peanut peanut (either creamy or chunky, whichever you prefer) to small bowl or directly onto a plate.
Then add your apple slices or cubes, and use them to dip into your peanut butter. Then enjoy!
❓ Recipe questions + quick tips
Either creamy or chunky peanut butter are delicious with apple slices for a healthy snack.
To keep apples from browning after cutting, simple add a squeeze or spray of lemon on the cut apple to prevent oxidation (or “browning”).
An apple with peanut butter is a healthy snack option that combines fiber from the fruit (apple) and both protein and fat from the peanut butter. It’s a great snack to keep you satiated for a few hours.
💡 Ideas for serving
- Serve alone as a simple snack. Eat an apple with peanut butter for a simple snack between meals or before bed.
- Add other toppings for more flavor. Add a sprinkle of nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, or even spices for a pop of flavor.
- Add sweet toppings for a dessert. Sprinkle dark chocolate chips or a drizzle of honey or maple syrup for a sweet treat.
🧊 How to store
- Refrigerator storage: Store leftover apples and peanut in a small airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to apples to keep them from browning.
- Freezer storage: Do not freeze, the apple texture will not hold up after freezing and thawing.
👉 More easy plant-based snack recipes
NOT SURE WHERE TO START WITH PLANT-BASED EATING?
Get my 4-Day Plant-Based Meal Plan to start your journey on the plant path.
Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- 1 medium apple any type
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter creamy or chunky
- Slice apple: Wash 1 medium apple and then cut into slices, into round slices by removing the core, or into small cubes.1 medium apple
- Serve apple with peanut butter: Add 2 tablespoons peanut butter to a plate or a small bowl and serve with apple slices.2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Leftovers and storage: Store leftover apples and peanut in a small airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to apples to keep them from browning. Do not freeze.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is an estimate. This snack recipe is vegan and gluten free.