- 2 stalks rhubarb
- ½ tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 pat butter, or ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoons fig jam
- 2 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup arugula
Roast rhubarb: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and slice rhubarb into 1/2" thick pieces. Arrange on oiled baking sheet and baked about 20 minutes or until soft and mushy. Remove from pan and place in a bowl, then add honey and mix to combine.
Build sandwich: Spread one slice of the bread with the rhubarb honey mixture and spread the other slice with fig jam. Top once bread slice with brie cheese and a bit of arugula, and then stack the bread slices to build the sandwich.
Cook sandwich: To cook the sandwich, add the butter (or oil) to a large pan and heat until it sizzles.Place the brie sandwich onto the pan and cook until the bread begins to crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Then flip the sandwich and cook the other side of the bread until it is browned.
- Leftovers and storage: Store ingredients separately (store the rhubarb in an airtight container in the refrigerator) for up to five days, building and toasting a new sandwich at each serving.
Serving: 1sandwich, Calories: 258kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 378mg, Potassium: 411mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 560IU, Vitamin C: 11mg, Calcium: 204mg, Iron: 1mg