- 4 cups radish greens, from about 1 bunch
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Optional: garlic powder, nutritional yeast, lemon juice
Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
Wash and dry radish leaves: First cut greens from the radish root, then cut off the stiff stems right under where the greens start to grow. Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and submerge radish stems for a few minutes, stirring or moving the leaves around with your hands to make sure as much dirt is removed as possible. Next, remove the leaves from the water and use a salad spinner to remove water and put into a bowl or lay flat to dry (about 15 minutes).
Bake radish leaves: Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake radish tops for 8-10 minutes, flipping the leaves halfway through baking so they get crispy on all sides. Once they're completely crispy, remove from the oven and eat immediately for best flavor. Enjoy!
- Tools Needed: mixing bowl, baking sheet, spatula
- Prep Ahead: Wash and dry beet greens up to three days ahead of time so they are ready to prep for baking when your snack craving hits.
- Leftovers and Storage: While the flavor and crispiness is best when eaten right after baking, you can store leftover roasted radish greens in an airtight container on the counter for up to two days.
- Nutrition notes: This recipe made as written is plant-based, gluten-free, nut-free, and is a healthier alternative to traditional chips and crisps.
Serving: 1g, Calories: 203kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Sodium: 20mg, Potassium: 1mg, Vitamin C: 383mg, Calcium: 1254mg, Iron: 1mg