Homemade Ciabatta Croutons Recipe
Homemade Ciabatta Croutons, an easy oven-baked croutons recipe using ciabatta bread, dried herbs, and spices. Only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, basil, thyme, oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven + prep bread: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut ciabatta bread loaf into 1 inch thick slices, then cut each bread slices into 1 inch cubes. Place the cubed bread pieces into a large mixing bowl.
Add oil and spices: Drizzle olive oil over the bread, then sprinkle it with garlic powder, dried herbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Bake until crispy: Spread the oiled and seasoned ciabatta bread cubes onto a baking sheet. Baked in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the croutons are crispy and beginning to brown, flipping once halfway to cook on all sides. When the bread is done baking, remove form the oven and let cool.
To serve and store: After the croutons have cooled, serve on top of salads or soups, or use for dipping in a sauce like pesto. Store in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 5-6 days.
- Recipe notes: This crouton recipe is made with ciabatta bread, but any type of bread can be used. We like French bread or a thick whole grain loaf for homemade croutons.
- Leftovers and storage: After croutons have cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days, or in the refrigerator for 6-7 days (though the croutons will not be as crisp if kept in the humidity of a refrigerator). We do not recommend freezing as the croutons will lose their crisp texture after thawing.
- Nutrition notes: This recipe uses all plant-based ingredients, making it suitable for vegan diets. Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free bread.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 194kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 374mg, Potassium: 7mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 6IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 4mg, Iron: 1mg