Mellow Yellow Superfood Smoothie
Yellow Superfood Smoothie, a simple smoothie recipe featuring banana, mango, pineapple, turmeric, and bee pollen. A mellow yellow blast of antioxidants!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 10-ounce smoothie
- Category: Drinks & Cocktails
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 banana
- ½ medium mango, cubed
- ½ cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 teaspoon good quality turmeric
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 1-2 ice cubes, depending on desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon quality bee pollen
- Optional: juice of ½ grapefruit, if you like sour citrus
- Combine banana, mango, pineapple, turmeric, milk, and ice cubes in a blender and pulse until smooth, adding more ice cubes or milk until desired consistency.
- Top with bee pollen and enjoy!
Notes // Tips
- Make it a bowl! Use this Yellow Superfood Smoothie recipe as the foundation for your next smoothie bowl. Top with colorful superfoods such as kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, and fresh herbs like mint.
- Make it a meal! Make this superfood snack more filling by adding oats, chia, or a protein like yogurt or protein powder, along with healthy fat such as nut butter.
- Use a frozen banana to reduce the amount of ice cubes needed, which will produce a smoother (less icy) texture.
Leftovers & Storage: This simple smoothie recipe can be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to serve. However, depending on your freezer it may become hard the longer it’s frozen.
Nutrition: This smoothie recipe is a great snack option or breakfast on the go. It is high in potassium and vitamin C and, depending on the type of plant-based milk used, may be a good source of protein.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 47g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: yellow superfood smoothie