- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, any tomato of choice
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Preheat oven and prep veggies: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C), then wash and cut the vegetables. Cut the stems off of the green beans, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, then cut into 1 inch pieces (depending on tomatoes used, this may mean halving or even quartering the tomato).
Season vegetables: Place sliced green beans and tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat the vegetables completely. Then season vegetables with sliced garlic, salt, pepper and any other desired seasonings like dried or fresh herbs.
Bake vegetables: Roast the tomatoes and green beans in the oven until they soften and begin to brown, which will take about 25 minutes. After 10-15 minutes of roasting, use a spatula to move the vegetables so they brown on all sides. Remove from the oven and serve immediately as a side dish, or let them cool and save for later use.
- Tools needed: sheet pan or baking sheet, knife set, cutting board
- Prep ahead: Wash and cut vegetables in advance to reduce prep time before cooking.
- Leftovers and storage: Vegetables should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For best taste and texture, do not freeze and reheat.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is estimated for only ingredients in the recipe, not the additional spice options given. This simple roasted tomatoes and green beans recipe is a good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 89kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 22mg, Potassium: 514mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 1727IU, Vitamin C: 30mg, Calcium: 56mg, Iron: 2mg