Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
Roasted Carrots and Asparagus, an easy sheet pan roasted asparagus and carrot recipe combinations with only 5 ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes. Your new favorite easy side dish or topping for salads!
- 1 pound carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 single garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Prep oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C).
Prep vegetables: Wash asparagus and carrots and peel, if desired. Snap hard ends of asparagus off the bottom of each stalk. Cut stems from carrots and slice diagonally into 1-2 inch (3-5 cm) pieces.
Roast vegetables: Arrange the carrots and asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing the vegetables to completely cover with oil and sprinkle with sliced garlic, salt, and pepper. Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through to roast on all sides.
Serve vegetables: Remove pan from oven, arrange vegetables on a plate and serve as a side dish or as a salad topping.
- Tools needed: sheet pan, knife set, cutting board, vegetable peeler
- Prep ahead: Wash and cut vegetables ahead of time to reduce prep time before cooking. If serving cold on salads or bowls, you can make this recipe up to three days ahead of time.
- Leftovers and storage: Vegetables should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For best taste and texture, do not freeze and reheat.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is estimated for only ingredients in the recipe, not the additional spice options given. This simple roasted vegetable recipe is a good source of fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 132kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 90mg, Potassium: 594mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 19802IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 66mg, Iron: 3mg