Roasted Turnip Chips
Baked Turnip Chips, an easy baked turnips recipe that makes crunchy, crispy turnip chips in the oven—no air fryer and no dehydrator needed. Only four ingredients!
- 2 bunches turnips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Prep oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Wash and cut turnips: Cut turnip bulbs from leaves and wash well to remove excess dirt. Slice the turnip bulbs thin, about 1/4" (or 1/2 cm) thick.
Prep turnips for roasting: On a medium baking sheet, add olive oil and sliced turnips. Toss to coat the turnips lightly in oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Bake turnip chips: Roast turnips for a total of 20-25 minutes, tossing every 5-10 minutes to brown all sides of turnip slices. Remove from the oven and serve immediately for best flavor and texture.
- Recipe notes: An average bunch of turnips is about 1/2 pound (225 grams), without the stems and leaves. Baked turnips are best eaten immediately after baking if you're looking for a crispy chip texture.
- Tools needed: knife set, cutting board, baking sheet
- Prep ahead: Get ahead by washing and slicing turnips up to two days ahead of time before roasting.
- Leftovers + storage: Store leftover turnip chips in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, the baked "chips" won't stay crispy and will be soft leftover.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 93kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 11mg, Potassium: 2mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 7IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 1mg, Iron: 1mg