- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, or 2 tablespoons dried herbs
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Preheat oven and prep veggies: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C), then wash and cut vegetables. Slice the ends off of zucchini, then cut into 1/4 inch (1/2 centimeter) slices. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
Season vegetables: Place sliced zucchini and tomatoes on a sheet pan and combine with a drizzle of olive oil. Once completely coated in oil, season the vegetables with sliced garlic, salt, pepper and any other dried or fresh herbs that you prefer.
Roast vegetables: Bake veggies in the oven until soft and brown around the edges, which will take about 30 minutes. 10-15 minutes into cooking, toss the vegetables so they brown on all sides. Remove from the oven and serve immediately as a side dish, or let them cool and mix into salads.
- Tools needed: sheet pan, knife set, cutting board
- Prep ahead: Wash and cut vegetables in advance to reduce prep time before cooking.
- Leftovers + storage: Vegetables should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For best taste and texture, do not freeze and reheat.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is estimated for only ingredients in the recipe, not the additional spice options given. This simple roasted zucchini and tomatoes recipe is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
Serving: 1g, Calories: 93kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 43mg, Potassium: 866mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 1324IU, Vitamin C: 72mg, Calcium: 57mg, Iron: 2mg