- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound cauliflower, about 1 head
- 2 whole garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon dried or fresh herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme
Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C)
Prep vegetables: Wash carrots and cauliflower and remove stems. Separate cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces and cut carrots diagonally into pieces that are similar in size to the cauliflower (for easier eating).
Roast vegetables: Arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to completely cover with oil and sprinkle with sliced garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs. Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to roast on all sides.
Serve vegetables: Remove pan from oven, arrange vegetables on a plate and serve as a side dish or as a salad topping.
- Tools Needed: sheet pan, knife set, cutting board
- Prep Ahead: Wash and cut vegetables ahead of time to reduce prep time before cooking. If serving cold on salads or bowls, you can make this recipe up to three days ahead of time.
- Leftovers and Storage: Vegetables should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For best taste and texture, do not freeze and reheat.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is estimated for only ingredients in the recipe, not the additional spice options given. This simple roasted carrots and cauliflower recipe is a good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 137kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 122mg, Potassium: 704mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 18944IU, Vitamin C: 62mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 1mg