- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Optional: fresh thyme or oregano as garnish
Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400° F.
Prepare potatoes for roasting: Wash sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces, about ½ inch (1.25 cm) cubes. Pour onto oil on a large baking sheet and spread around to coat the sheet evenly. Add sweet potatoes to the sheet and drizzle with oil, then toss the potatoes around with a spatula to coat them in syrup and oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
Roast sweet potatoes: Roast sweet potatoes on baking sheet for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to evenly roast on all sides. Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or cool and store in the refrigerator for later use.
- Recipe notes: You do not need to peel the sweet potatoes before roasting, but if you do not like peels on potatoes then peel before cutting.
- Tools needed: baking sheet, cutting board, knife
- Leftovers, storage, and reheating: Store cooled potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave, or serve chilled.
- Nutrition notes: This roasted potato recipe uses only plant-based ingredients, making it suitable for a vegan diet. It is high in fiber and a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 267kcal, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 627mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 24124IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 93mg, Iron: 1mg