Quick Dill Pickled Radishes Recipe
Want to learn how to make quick dill pickled radishes in the refrigerator? This easy refrigerator pickling recipe is ready in 4 hours. Simple, crunchy, delicious!
- 1 pound radishes, about 1 bunch
- ¼ cup dill, or other herbs
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 whole garlic cloves, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Prep the radishes: Cut radish roots from leaves and wash well to remove excess dirt. If pickling sliced radishes, cut them into thin slices, about ¼” (or ½ cm) thick.
Prepare the pickling jar: Add cut radishes to a tall jar and add dill, mustard seeds, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Prepare and add the brine: In a medium saucepan bring the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, pour into the jar until the liquid completely submerges the radishes. Close the lid on the jar tightly.
Pickling instructions: Let the jar cool on the counter until it reaches room temperature. Once cooled, put the jar into the refrigerator and let the radishes pickle for at least 4 hours before serving, but for best results serve after at least 24 hours. Quick pickled radishes are good up to 2-3 months in the refrigerator.
- Vinegar: White vinegar, white wine vinegar, and apple cider vinegar are the best vinegar choices for pickling peppers.
- Recommended jar: Choose a jar so radishes fit snug with about ½ - 1 inch space (2-3 cm) below the lid to ensure the brine covers them completely.
- Other recommended tools: small saucepan, cutting board, knife set
- Prep ahead and storage: Refrigerator pickled radishes should be made at least 4 hours before serving, but for best results make at least 24-48 hours ahead. Keep them refrigerated and they can be enjoyed for up to 2-3 months. Do not freeze.
- Nutrition notes: This recipe uses only plant-based ingredients and it is gluten-free. It does call for a high amount of salt for the brine, however the amount actually absorbed by the radishes themselves is small compared to the amount of salt used in the recipe.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 36kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 900mg, Potassium: 166mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 137IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 29mg, Iron: 1mg