- 1 pound carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 whole garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pinch salt and pepper
Preheat oven + prep vegetables: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C). Wash green beans and carrots and remove stems. If using large carrots, cut in half lengthwise.
Roast vegetables: Arrange the carrots and green beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing the vegetables to completely cover with oil and sprinkle with sliced garlic, salt, and pepper. Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through to roast on all sides.
Serve vegetables: Remove pan from oven, arrange vegetables on a plate and serve as a side dish or as a salad topping.
- Tools Needed: sheet pan, knife set, cutting board
- Prep Ahead: Wash and cut vegetables ahead of time to reduce prep time before cooking. If serving cold on salads or bowls, you can make this recipes up to three days ahead of time.
- Leftovers + storage: Vegetables should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For best taste and texture, do not freeze and reheat.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information is estimated for only ingredients in the recipe, not the additional spice options given. This simple roasted vegetable recipe is a good source of fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 144kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 95mg, Potassium: 604mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 19727IU, Vitamin C: 21mg, Calcium: 80mg, Iron: 2mg