Instant Pot Pumpkin Sage Soup
Instant Pot Pumpkin Sage Soup, a simple healthy vegan pressure cooker pumpkin soup recipe made with sweet potatoes and sage. Ready in thirty minutes from start to finish, this will be your go-to fall soup favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cubed (or 1 can pumpkin puree)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Sauté ingredients: Heat pressure cooker to sauté setting. Add oil, onions, and garlic and cook until soft, about five minutes.
Pressure cook ingredients: Add pumpkin, sweet potatoes, sea salt, black pepper, sage leaves, and vegetable broth. Secure lid and start soup pressure cook setting with a timer for 15 minutes.
Blend soup + season before serving: When pressure cooking time is done, remove lid carefully. Remove and compost thyme sprigs. Blend soup with handheld immersion blender, adding more water or vegetable broth if needed for smooth soup consistency. Add more salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- Tools needed: Instant Pot or pressure cooker, handheld immersion blender
- Recipe notes: Add cream or coconut milk to make this light pumpkin soup thick and creamy.
- Leftovers + storage: Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to five days, or in freezer for up to two month (or longer).
- Nutrition notes: This simple plant-based pumpkin soup is a light dish that is low in calories. Pair with a side of bread with a healthy fat like avocado and a small side salad with nuts and seeds for a complete meal. This soup is an excellent source of vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C and potassium
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 182kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 1333mg, Potassium: 929mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 29646IU, Vitamin C: 19mg, Calcium: 76mg, Iron: 2mg