Bloody Mary Mix
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice, or caper juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon hickory smoked sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bloody Mary with Homemade Bloody Mary Mix (per Bloody Mary)
- 6 ounces Homemade Bloody Mary Mix, see above
- 1.5 ounces vodka, I suggest Tito's
- Garnishes: olives, pickles, limes, celery, green onions, pearled onions, etc.
Cook bloody mary mix: Cut tomatoes in large pieces and place in pot with basil, pickle or caper sauce, hot sauce, worcestershire, oregano, salt, and pepper in a soup pot. Bring to medium-low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tomatoes cook down and become tender.
Blend mixture and let chill: When tomatoes take on a soupy texture, blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Place in refrigerator until chilled before using.
To make Bloody Mary: Combine vodka and Homemade Bloody Mary Mix in a glass with ice; stir to combine. Garnish with desired condiments and serve.
- Leftovers and storage: This homemade bloody mary mix will keep for about a week in the refrigerator. It will taste better after a day or two, so it's an easy make-ahead mix!
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition was calculated for bloody mary mix only, not the full cocktail with alcohol and garnishes.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 73kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 894mg, Potassium: 899mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 3356IU, Vitamin C: 53mg, Calcium: 52mg, Iron: 1mg