- 1 English cucumber, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 roma tomato, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped parsley, split into ¼ cup + ¾ cup
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, split into two 1/8 cup portions
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, split into two 1/8 teaspoon portions
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, split into two 1/8 teaspoon portions
- 1 quart strained tomatoes, I used Pomi brand
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
Make garnish: Combine ½ cup of cut cucumber, tomato, ¼ cup of red onion, ¼ cup of parsley, 1/8 cup of fresh thyme, ½ of lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a medium bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
Make gazpacho: In a large soup pot, add strained tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, bell pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes with remaining cucumber, tomato, red onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend with an immersion blender or, alternatively, blend all ingredients in a traditional blender until smooth. Adjust spices to taste and chill for minimum 2 hours.
To serve: Serve chilled soup with Cucumber Salad Garnish on top and enjoy!
- Recipe notes + tips: Though gazpacho is traditionally served cold, this soup can also be heated and served as a traditional warm tomato soup. Serve this traditional Spanish style with a side of bread and tapas, or make it your own by paring with fresh summer fruit and cheese.
- Leftovers + storage: This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. This is a great soup to freeze and eat throughout the fall and winter.
- Nutrition notes: This simple vegan tomato soup is low in sodium, a good source of fiber, and packed with antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables. It is high in vitamin C and potassium.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 105kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 177mg, Potassium: 1020mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 5520IU, Vitamin C: 153mg, Calcium: 89mg, Iron: 3mg