- 3 whole red beets
- 2 whole golden beets
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut beets into strips: Cut beets into ⅛ inch (3 cm) strips (do not peel) and place in a large mixing bowl.
Toss with oil and spices: Add olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to the bowl with beets and stir to coat.
Bake until crispy: Spread beets onto baking sheets and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning and to brown all sides of beets.
Serve: Serve with dipping sauce, or over salads and on sandwiches.
- Recipe notes: You do not have to roast both red and golden beets, you can choose one color beets and it is still just as delicious.
- Prep ahead: Beets can be cut up to two days ahead of time to reduce cooking time, any longer than that and the beets may begin to dry out before roasting.
- Leftovers and storage: Beets can be kept in refrigerator for up to 4 days, however for the best taste and texture of beet fries serve immediately. Any leftovers will not be as crispy, so they will make for great toppings for salads and grain bowls.
- Nutrition notes: This recipe is high in fiber, potassium, and is packed with antioxidants. It is a good choice as a side item and can be paired with your favorite protein and healthy fat for a balanced meal. Nutrition information is for beets only, not pictured dipping sauce.
Serving: 1serving (1 cup), Calories: 47kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 292mg, Potassium: 5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 1IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 1mg, Iron: 1mg