Caprese Panzanella Salad Skewers
Caprese Panzanella Salad Skewers, a simple and fresh salad skewer appetizer featuring cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and crusty bread. Put a caprese salad on a stick!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces mozzarella balls, about 1 cup
- 4 cups ciabatta bread cubes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into 1 inch squares (+ more for garnish)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, flaked sea salt, ground black pepper
Prep ingredients: First, prep ingredients by washing cherry tomatoes, draining mozzarella balls from their liquid, and cutting the ciabatta bread into cubes. Then tear or cut basil into small 1” squares and thinly cut a few basil leaves for a garnish.
Make the skewers: Take a skewer and alternate adding a cherry tomato, mozzarella ball, and a bread cube by poking the skewer through each ingredient. Continue alternating the tomato, cheese, and bread until the skewers are all filled.
Garnish and serve: When all skewers have been completed, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with sliced basil, flaky sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately or store to enjoy later.
- Make ahead: Because this recipe uses fresh bread as part of the skewers, we don’t recommend making more than a few hours before serving or the bread will become hard and eventually become stale.
- Leftovers and storage: Store leftover skewers in the refrigerator for up to two days. Note that the bread may become hard after a day, so you may need to add fresh bread if storing for more than 1 day.
- Nutrition notes: Nutrition information was calculated for 12 servings, but your serving size may vary depending on the size of your skewers.
Serving: 1skewer, Calories: 50kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 58mg, Potassium: 57mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 174IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 38mg, Iron: 1mg