Strawberry Mint Spritzer Recipe
Strawberry Mint Spritzer, a simple water spritz recipe featuring summer strawberry puree and fresh mint leaves. Made with or without alcohol, this bubbly beverage is a warm weather favorite.
- ½ cup strawberries, + 4 strawberries for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 ounces sparkling water
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar or maple syrup, optional
Make fruit puree: To a small saucepan add blackberries, mint leaves, and desired sweetener (if using) and cook on low heat until berries soften, about 5 minutes. Using a fork or spoon, mash each berry to release its juice and cook a few minutes more until the strawberry juice is infused with the mint and the sweetener is well combined with the liquid.
Strain infused juice: Pour infused strawberry mixture through a small strainer or cheesecloth over a small bowl. Keep the fruit pulp if you'd like to add to the spritzer (or freeze for smoothies).
Mix spritzer: Finally, pour the sparkling water over ice and then add the infused strawberry mint juice. Garnish with strawberries and mint leaves.
- Recipe tip: Build spritzer with sparkling water first, then stir in puree slowly so the water does not foam and overflow. Add the puree first and then the sparkling water will likely cause the water to overflow from glass (we tried it both ways and it worked better by adding sparkling water first).
- DO NOT SHAKE IN A COCKTAIL SHAKER, unless you want a foamy mess all over your kitchen.
- Prep ahead: Fruit puree can be made ahead of time and added to sparkling water when ready to serve.
- Leftovers and storage: Because sparkling water loses its effervescence quickly, we recommend making puree ahead of time but not mixing until ready to serve. Fruit puree can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week and can be frozen for up to one month and then thawed before use.
- Nutrition notes: The nutrition information below was calculated without added sweetener, however if you do decide to add a natural sweetener the additional sugar would be minimal for the amount of puree actually used in each glass.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 31kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 52mg, Potassium: 179mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 487IU, Vitamin C: 46mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg