- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 1 whole bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen also works
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, save 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole eggs, optional
- 2 tablespoons harissa sauce
Cook quinoa: Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Typically this means boiling 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. So for this recipe, boil 1/2 cup quinoa in 1 cup water until soft, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
Cook vegetables: Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large pan (save sun-dried tomato oil, if possible), sliced bell pepper, sliced onion, corn, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until soft, about five minutes. Then add black beans and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Then mix in cooked quinoa until well combined, cooking about 1-2 minutes.
To cook the egg (optional): add a small amount of oil (sun-dried tomato oil is great!) to a small pan over medium heat. Add two cracked eggs and cook until sunny side up, or when whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.
- Tools needed: large pan, mixing bowl in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days; this is also a great meal prep bowl that can be frozen and reheated up to a month later.
- Prep ahead: Cook the quinoa and the vegetables ahead of time for easy bowl preparation.
- Leftovers + storage: Store leftover bowls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days; this is also a great meal prep bowl that can be frozen and reheated up to a month later.
- To reheat: To microwave, heat on high for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through; on stovetop, put bowl content into a pan and heat over medium heat until warm throughout.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 383kcal, Carbohydrates: 72g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 298mg, Potassium: 1543mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 612IU, Vitamin C: 18mg, Calcium: 91mg, Iron: 8mg