Winter Harvest Cheeseboard
Winter Harvest Cheeseboard, a simple cheese board with cranberry dip, sauerkraut, dried apples, olives, walnuts, pistachios, and cheese. An easy way to snack on the season's preserved foods!
- 20 whole chestnuts, in shells
- 1 cup cranberry dip, or other dip, like hummus
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- ½ cup artichoke hearts
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 whole dried apple rings
- 4 ounces truffle cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pistachios
- 2 whole blood oranges, peeled
- 1 whole pomegranate, seeded
Roast chestnuts: Cut the chestnuts in half and place in a large pan or pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until inner flesh is soft (when the tip of a knife easily cuts through), about 20 minutes.
Arrange the platter: Arrange dip, sauerkraut, artichoke hearts, olives, honey, fruit, cheese, and nuts on the platter. Serve with wine and enjoy on a winter night!
- Notes: be careful when cutting chestnuts, they are hard to cut so use a good quality knife; a pair of cutting gloves wouldn't be a bad idea.
- Tools needed: a large platter, a good quality knife set, a large pot or large pan, small ramekins and serving dishes
- Prep ahead: the chestnuts can be roasted up to a day ahead of time and the platter can be arranged right before serving
- Leftovers and storage: store cheese, sauerkraut, dip, and fruit in the refrigerator; store dried foods in small glass containers at room temperate
- Nutrition notes: this platter features a great array of dried and preserved foods, including probiotic-rich sauerkraut and dried apples. To make this board a part of a well balanced meal, pair it with a small salad with protein like beans or fish.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 235kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 519mg, Potassium: 244mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 163IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 2mg