Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds
Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds, a simple baked crispy sweet potato slices recipe with just four ingredients and ready in only 45 minutes. Perfect as a simple side dish or salad topping and great for meal prep!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Optional spices: paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, etc.
Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Prep potatoes: Wash sweet potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but do not peel. Cut potatoes into 1/3 inch (10 mm) round slices.
Season potatoes: Drizzle olive oil onto large sheet pan and spread until even on baking sheet. Add potato rounds to pan with one side facing down to cover with oil, then flip all potato medallions to make sure each side is lightly oiled. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional desired spices.
Bake until golden brown: Bake in oven for a total of 40-45 minutes, flipping once about halfway through and until both sides are lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
- Tools needed: large sheet pan, spatula
- Prep ahead: Cut sweet potatoes ahead of time for easy baking on busy weeknights.
- Leftovers and storage: Cool roasted sweet potatoes and store in an airtight food storage container for up to five days.
- To reheat: Reheat in the microwave or heat a skillet filled with leftover potatoes and flip to warm each side. Potatoes are also great cold on top of salads and bowls.
- Nutrition notes: This baked sweet potato recipe is an excellent source of vitamin A and C, and a good source of dietary fiber per serving. Pair potatoes with a lean or plant-based protein, a vegetable side, and a healthy fat for a complete meal.
Serving: 1serving (about 3/4 cup), Calories: 104kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 52mg, Potassium: 286mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 12023IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 1mg