White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter
White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter, a simple pickable vegetable and dip tray featuring white bean hummus, olive tapenade, feta cheese, and assorted crackers and crudités.
If you haven’t caught on by now, we’re super into cheese boards and pickable platters over here. While we love to whip up a good pasta or soup for dinner, sometimes life gets in the way and it’s all you can do to bring yourself cook dinner.
So on those nights we can’t fathom standing over the stove, we opt for boards and platters.
This White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter was a complete, but very appreciated, accident. It was one of those evenings when nothing sounded good and no one was in the mood to cook, but lo and behold when we opened the fridge we realized we had the perfect random roundup of foods to create a delicious pickable platter for dinner.
I love a good traditional hummus made from chickpeas, but I’ve been really into experimenting with white bean hummus recipes lately. Pair that will a side of scoopable tapenade, a few slices of feta in oil, and an assortment of sliced raw and crispy vegetables and you have yourself a perfectly pickable dinner ready in just 10 minutes.
Just add wine and you have my perfect Friday night meal!
Making hummus at home is as easy as 1-2-3
- Drain white beans and add them to a food processor or blender.
- Add tahini, oil, garlic, and other ingredients for flavor.
- Pulse, pulse, pulse and then pour. And done!
White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter: Tips, Tricks & Tools
This hummus platter recipe is super simple and does not require much as far as tools and equipment, but there are a few pieces I always have on hand that make serving platters and spread easy.
- Cutting board or serving platter: great cutting board or piece of marble is a definite crowd pleaser when serving platters. This round cutting board or marble serving slab are great for serving cheese plates and platters
- A food processor: I’ve used a small handheld mixer for years and while it did the job, I feel like a legitimate grown up now that I invested in a small food processor.
This White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter is a new favorite easy wine and cheese night recipe in our house! If you love delicious and seasonally-inspired platters as much as we do, check out our Summer Stone Fruit Cheese Platter or Summer Crudités Platter for your next movie night in.
Did you make this White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter recipe? Leave a comment and rating below to share how it turned out, pin it to your appetizer Pinterest board, and tag me on Instagram so I can see your mezze creations!
White Bean Hummus
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water (more if needed for consistency)
- ⅛ tsp olive oil, for drizzle
- ½ cup assorted olives and peppers
- ⅓ cup tapenade
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- Optional: assorted crackers and crisps
- Combine white beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until smooth, adding water as needed until desired consistency (careful not to get too watery).
- Transfer dip to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve with tapenade, mixed olives, and fresh vegetables and crackers.
- Leftovers & Storage: Store dip, tapenade, and mixed olives separately from vegetables and crackers in refrigerator for up to five days, or until veggies begin to wilt or brown.
- Nutrition: Nutrition information was calculated without crackers. This platter recipe is low in sugar and a good source of fiber.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g