Vegan Green Goddess Avocado Dip
Vegan Green Goddess Avocado Dip, a plant-based take on the classic featuring parsley, chives, tarragon, and garlic. Perfect for sandwiches and as a dip for crudités!
Who doesn’t love a good green goddess dressing? The combination of fresh herbs like parsley, chives, and tarragon evokes feelings of warm weather, budding gardens, and refreshing summer salads.
Green goddess dressing is said to have been developed in San Francisco in the 1920’s when a chef at the Palace Hotel had an abundance of herbs to use before they went to waste. What resulted was a mayonnaise-based herb dressing that quickly became popular around the world.
So when brainstorming a dip for a summer vegetable platter, I knew a green goddess-inspired recipe would pair perfectly.
And why not go the extra step and make it plant-based by substituting avocado for the mayo? A little more green in one’s diet never hurt anyone (very official dietitian tip to live by).
A little more green in one’s diet never hurt anyone
This Vegan Green Goddess Avocado Dip is an easy, five minute dip with only six ingredients that is perfect as a dip for vegetables or as a spread on sandwiches.
Its bright green color is sure to be a hit for kids and adults alike and its use of fresh herbs makes it perfect for summer picnics and outdoor parties.
To make this delicious dip, just add avocado, garlic, fresh herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender and mix, adding more olive oil until desired consistency.
That’s it! A simple, homemade dip that will be your summer go-to easy flavor enhancer.
Ideas for using Vegan Green Goddess Avocado Dip
- Pair it with fresh and crispy vegetables: cut crisp seasonal vegetables like carrots, radishes, and jicama to use for dipping (see my White Bean Hummus Mezze Platter for an example).
- Spread on sandwiches: use this vegan green goddess avocado dip as a substitute for mayonnaise on summer sandwiches
- Spruce up salads and bowls: add a dollop (such an odd word, right?) to salads and bowls for a little extra herby flavor. Add more olive oil to the recipe to create a thinner dressing consistency.
Did you make this Vegan Green Goddess Avocado Dip recipe? Leave a comment and recipe rating below and let us know how it turned out. Save this recipe for later by pinning it to your favorite Pinterest board and show off your dip creation by tagging us on Instagram. We want to see what you come up with!
- Add avocado, 2 garlic cloves, chives, parsley, tarragon, and half of oil to a food processor. Pulse until until well blended, adding the rest of olive oil slowly desired thickness (I like a dip-like thick consistency, however adding more olive oil will provide a thinner spread).
- Enjoy with vegetable chips, on sandwiches, or in salads.
- Leftovers & Storage: The dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to four days. Because avocados brown after time when exposed to air, for best presentation serve immediately or remove from container right before serving.
- Nutrition: This avocado dip recipe is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. Pair it with a variety of seasonal vegetables for a healthy appetizer that also happens to be a crowd pleaser.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g