Salted Honey Fig Toast
Salted Honey Fig Toast, a simple toast recipe with whipped vanilla ricotta, fresh figs, and drizzled honey on seedy toast. A light and sweet breakfast or snack!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (1 toast each) 1x
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Assorting
- Cuisine: American
- 4 pieces whole grain bread
- 1 cup (248g) ricotta or creamy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla
- 2 cups (200g) fresh figs, sliced in halves or quarters
- 1 tablespoon good quality honey
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and vanillas until well combined.
- Toast bread, then top with yogurt, sliced, figs, drizzled honey, and sea salt.
Notes // Tips:
- If figs are not in season, any fresh or dried fruit can be substituted as long as it is cut into bite size pieces (so it’s easier to bit into toast)
- Make it vegan by using coconut yogurt and either maple syrup or agave in place of honey
Leftovers & Storage: If possible, try to consume toast all in one sitting, as storing toast that has already been topped with cheese or yogurt will mean soggy bread.
Nutrition: This simple fig and ricotta toast recipe is a great breakfast or snack recipe that is high in fiber and fiber. Pair it with a side of fresh fruit and nuts for a balanced light meal.
- Serving Size: 1 piece of toast
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, toast, figs, ricotta, honey