Favorite Roasted Tomato & Leek Soup
Roasted Tomato Leek Soups, an easy homemade tomato soup with leeks, garlic and fresh basil. Perfect with a side of fresh ciabatta or sourdough bread!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3lbs tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 leeks stalks
- 1-2 large yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 quart (32 oz) vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional (but highly recommended): 1 loaf sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut tomatoes in halves or quarters and slice leeks. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange on cookie sheet and roast for about 30 minutes.
- While tomatoes and leeks are roasting, slice onions and garlic and cook in soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat until they begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add broth and red pepper. Simmer on medium-low heat about 5 minutes.
- When tomatoes have roasted for about 30 minutes, add to soup pot (don’t forget the liquid on the cookie sheet!). Add basil and simmer for 15-20 minutes to combine flavors.
- Using immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with fresh sourdough bread.
- Write and thank me because you’re now obsessed.
Leftovers & Storage: Soup can be refrigerated and eaten for up to 5-6 days, or frozen and saved for about a month (it may last longer than this but we love this soup so much that it never lasts any longer).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100 calories