Pistachio Crusted Caramel Apples
Pistachio Crusted Caramel Apples, candied apples dipped in caramel and dusted with crushed pistachios. A simple and delicious fall seasonal treat!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 apples
- 4 green apples
- 6-8 ounces caramel
- 2 ounces peeled pistachios
- 4 thick wooden sticks
- Wash and dry apples, remove stem and place stick halfway in apple.
- Crush pistachios in a small bowl or with a mortar and pestle, and place on top of wax paper.
- Heat caramel over medium-low heat until it thins, then dip apple to coat all sides evenly. Hold apple over caramel to allow excess to drip off.
- Place apples stick-side down in a cooling rack or short mug/glass to allow caramel to cool and harden.
- When caramel has cooled, roll apples over pistachios or stand them upright and sprinkle pistachios on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftovers & Storage: Apples can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days and longer if refrigerator.
Caramel: Salted Maple Caramel by Broma BakeryI used store-bought caramel, but you can make your own as well! I love a salted caramel this recipe for is delicious.
- Serving Size: 1 apple
- Calories: 290