Peppermint Mocha Matcha Latte
Peppermint Mocha Matcha Latte, a minty take on traditional hot cocoa made with peppermint oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, matcha, and plant-based milk. Perfect for the holidays…sugar-free and vegan!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 latte (10 ounces)
- Category: Drinks + Cocktails
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American, Japanese
- 1 ¼ cups milk or milk alternative
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sugar or sweetener of choice, candy cane for garnish
- Bring milk to a simmer over the stovetop or heat in the microwave
- Add matcha and cocoa powder to a small bowl or mug. Add hot water and whisk well to fully dissolve powder into hot water.
- Pour hot milk over dissolved matcha and cocoa. Add peppermint extract and sugar or candy cane, if using.
- Leftovers & Storage: I recommend to make each cup of matcha before drinking and not make in advance.
- Nutrition: This simple mocha latte matcha with matcha is low in fat, calories, and full of antioxidants from the cocoa and matcha. It is an unsweetened treat, but is also delicious with a small amount of sugar or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 latte (10 ounces)
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: peppermint mocha matcha latte, matcha, latte, holidays, mocha, vegan