Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad
Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad, an easy fruit salad made from fresh peaches, burrata cheese, honeycomb, and fresh basil. Simple and satisfying!
Ahhh, stone fruit season. The nectarines and apricots are on display, and the plums are plump for picking. But the one stone fruit I look forward to the most during stone fruit season is peaches.
While peaches were first grown in China and throughout Persia in modern-day Iran, those of us in North America tend to associate the succulent fruit with the American state of Georgia.
Peaches remind me of hot and humid summer days in the American South, sipping on homemade lemonade and trying to eat bomb pops before they melted over our hands.
I try to bring a little of this childhood summer nostalgia to life via this Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad. With fresh Georgia peaches, creamy burrata cheese, a sweet hunk of honeycomb, and sprinkled fresh basil, this simple fruit salad takes only ten minutes to prepare and will be a hit at your next simple summer supper.
Ready to learn all about Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad? Let’s get to it!
How to make a simple Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad
Fruit salads are simply the best summer dish to bring to parties, picnics, and barbecues because a) they are ridiculously easy, and b) they are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Who can resist a little burst of happiness at seeing fresh fruit, cheese, and a drizzle of honey? Not me.
This peach and cheese fruit salad is as simple as it gets. First, slice the peaches into small wedges against the core and arrange on plate (The Spruce has a great tutorial on how to cut peaches, but I leave the skin on…more fiber and nutrients!).
Then add the burrata and honeycomb to the plate. My local grocery store sells honeycomb in a jar and it’s a great alternative to drizzled honey, however if you’re not able to find it in your area then serve honey in a small ramekin or bowl for dipping.
Last, cut fresh basil and sprinkle on top of the salad. I also like to add in other fresh fruit like cherries but you could spruce up the plate with nuts, seeds, and crackers. This peach fruit salad is great served alone, but we ended up spreading the cheese, fruit, and honey on fresh ciabatta bread and it was AMAZING.
Recommended tools: This Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad is as easy as it gets and does not require special equipment, but a good set of kitchen knives comes that includes a rounded paring knife great for cutting peaches.
I hope you enjoy this peach and burrata salad as much as we did, it was a bright and fun recipe that brought a touch of sweetness to our dinner. It would be great as an appetizer or dessert and can be customized to use whatever fresh seasonal fruit you have on hand.
Are you loving fresh peaches right now? Be sure to try out my Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce recipe or another of my fresh fruit salads like this fun and patriotic American Flag Fruit Platter.
Did you make this Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad? Leave me a comment and recipe rating below and let me know how it turned out. Save this recipe for later by pinning to your favorite salad Pinterest board and make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your fruit salad creations!
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1 ball (4oz) burrata
- 1 piece (about 100g) quality honeycomb
- ½ cup (10g) basil, thinly sliced
- Optional add-ons: cherries, pomegranates, kumquats, nuts, or other seasonal fruit and french or ciabatta bread or crackers for spreading
- Arrange peaches, burrata, and honeycomb on a large plate. Top with basil and any additional fruit or nuts.
- Optional, but delicious: Serve with french or ciabatta bread or crackers for spreading.
- Leftovers & Storage: This fruit and cheese salad can be refrigerated up to three days, however is best served immediately as the peaches will get soft and brown after they are cut. My recommendation is to cut only enough fruit that you will need for one serving. Save and store the cheese and honeycomb and then cut fresh fruit when ready to serve again.
- Nutrition: This Peach Burrata Honeycomb Fruit Salad is an indulgent appetizer or dessert. While this fruit salad based on fresh fruit, it contains burrata cheese and honey, which contribute fat and added sugar, which makes it an indulgent (yet satisfying) recipe. The nutrition information below does not include add-ons or bread.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 8gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g