Mediterranean Arugula Falafel Salad, a simple Mediterranean-inspired salad with arugula, fresh dill, hummus, falafel, vegetables, and tzatziki sauce. Super easy, big on flavor!
Love falafel with tzatziki? Love hummus? Turn your love into a tasty salad with this easy peasy arugula salad with fresh dill, red onion, olive, tomatoes, hummus, and tzatziki sauce with a crunchy sunflower seeds.
👉 Ready to learn how to make an arugula salad with falafel? Let’s do it!
- Arugula: a light and crispy leafy green with a bitter bite, arugula serves as the base of this salad
- Falafel: added to the top of the salad, you can get pre-made or make your own baked falafel
- Fresh dill: a few fresh dill leaves add a pop of flavor to this salad
- Vegetables: sliced red onions, kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes
- Hummus: spread on the bottom of the plate, serves as a dressing alternative (try making your own from beets!)
- Tzatziki sauce: a light, creamy Greek sauce; buy pre-made or make your own plant-based tzatziki
- Olive oil: a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sunflower seeds: a sprinkle of seeds adds a nice crunchy texture
🥣 How to make (step-by-step photos)
1️⃣ Step One: Combine salad ingredients
Smear hummus along the bottom of a salad bowl or plate as the base layer of this salad.
Then add arugula and fresh dill on top. Top salad with chickpeas, red onion, kalamata olives, and sunflower seeds.
2️⃣ Step Two: Top salad with dressings and flavorings
Add tzatziki sauce on top of the salad ingredients and then drizzle it with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then top with cooked falafel. Then enjoy!
💡 Ideas for serving
- As a dinner or side salad. Serve this salad up as written for a tasty main or side salad.
- As a filling for wraps or pitas. Use this salad as the filling of a wrap or pita.
- As a topping for flatbreads. Top a flatbread with this salad for a more filling option.
🧊 How to store
- Refrigerator storage: Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Freezer storage: I don’t recommend freezing this salad as arugula is a fragile green that doesn’t freeze well.
👉 More inspiring salad recipes
Mediterranean Arugula Falafel Salad
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- ⅓ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons red onion sliced thin
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup tzatziki sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3 whole falafel cooked
- Combine salad ingredients: Smear 3 tablespoons hummus along the bottom of a salad bowl or plate as the base layer of this salad. Then add 1 cup arugula and 2 tablespoons fresh dill on top. Top salad with ⅓ cup chickpeas, 3 tablespoons red onion, ¼ cup kalamata olives, ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds.
- Add dressing ingredients: Add ¼ cup tzatziki sauce on top of the salad ingredients and then drizzle it with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 pinch salt and pepper and then top with cooked 3 whole falafel and enjoy.