Leftover Espresso Grounds Brownies
Leftover Espresso Grounds Brownies, a rich fudgy brownie recipe made with leftover espresso grounds. Reuse those coffee grounds for a deliciously moist chocolaty treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies
- Category: Desserts + Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup espresso grounds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) espresso (2 shots)
- Optional chocolate drizzle topping: 2 ounces chocolate, 1 tablespoon espresso grounds
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add in chopped chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar and espresso grounds. Slowly pour in melted chocolate and mix with handheld mixer. Add in eggs one at a time until well combined. Add in cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla, and espresso, mixing until combined.
- Pour batter into pan with parchment paper and bake about 30-35 minutes, or until a fork comes out mostly clean from center of brownie pan.
- For chocolate drizzle topping (optional): melt chocolate over low heat in a medium saucepan, then drizzle over brownies and sprinkle with espresso grounds.
- Notes: if you don’t have parchment paper, you can also just grease the pan with butter or oil. If you use a 9″x9″ brownie pan, reduce cook time by five minutes.
- Tools Needed: 8 inch square pan, glass mixing bowls, handheld mixer
- Leftovers and Storage: store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
- Nutrition notes: these espresso brownies are high in sugar and fat, however they are intended to be an occasional treat and you should enjoy and savor them as a part of a healthy balanced diet. Also note, this recipe does contain coffee, which also contains caffeine.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie (2.5" x 2.5")
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 39g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: espresso brownies recipe, coffee brownies recipe, dessert