Grilled Pineapple with Mango Banana “Nice” Cream
Grilled Pineapple with Mango Banana Nice Cream topped with fresh coconut and a bourbon sauce drizzle, a fresh and tasty tropical summer treat!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 mangos
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (I used pineapple)
- 1 large pineapple
- Bourbon sauce:
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons brown, white or powdered sugar
- Optional: coconut flakes for garnish
Mango Banana Nice Cream
- Slice bananas and cut mangoes into small cubes. Freeze at least two hours (I froze overnight). When ready to serve, blend frozen bananas and mangoes with fruit juice to desired consistency.
Grilled Pineapple with Bourbon Sauce
- Slice top and bottom off of whole pineapple and then slice into 1″ thick slices. Grilled over medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side, or until warm throughout with brown grill marks.
- For bourbon sauce: Heat bourbon and sugar over medium heat until liquid is reduced and becomes thicker.
- To serve: Serve warm pineapple with a scoop of Mango Banana Nice Cream and drizzled bourbon sauce. Garnish with coconut flakes.
Mango Banana Nice Cream can be stored in freezer for at least a week, possibly longer (mine only lasted a week before I ate it all!).
- Serving Size: 1 pineapple slice with 1 scoop nice cream
- Calories: 213