Green Gift Guide: Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas for Father’s Day
Don’t know what to buy for the eco-friendly man in your life? This Father’s Day green gift guide features environmentally-friendly gift ideas under $50 — that won’t break the bank.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you purchase (at no additional cost to you). We only suggest products we have either used ourselves or have extensively researched.
It’s that time of year again, when Father’s Day rolls around and you struggle with the same problem every year: what do you buy him? And how can you skip the conventional gifts that go against your green living values and instead opt for eco-friendly alternatives?
Well, look no further, because I did the Father’s Day eco-friendly gift searching for you. These sustainable gift ideas are all from companies I personally researched to ensure their products are environmentally friendly… as well as useful!
Because we all hate throwing away silly gifts that you know you’ll never use, I made sure each is something the man in your life will be sure to enjoy (and that won’t end up in the back of a closet somewhere).
And guess what? They’re all under $50, so they won’t break the bank. Ready for the last Father’s Day gift guide you’ll ever need? Let’s do it!
Gift for the Green Foodie Dad
Need the perfect gift for the green foodie man in your life? Don’t worry, that’s what we’re all about here on Fork in the Road. You may even want to get two of these green eating and green kitchen goodies (one for you, of course!).
- Bees Wrap Sustainable Food Wrap Set: a sustainable and natural alternative to plastic wrap, this set comes with three size wraps to fit any leftovers dish. Wrap up cheese, fruit, vegetables, and bread and ditch the clingy plastic wrap.
- Purifyou Mesh Produce Bags: ditch the plastic and take these mesh produce bags on your next grocery trip. A portion of proceeds is donated to sustainable living projects worldwide.
- Lifestyle Block Stainless Steel Stackable Lunchbox: take your lunch in style with this 100% stainless steel lunchbox with stackable inner compartment, free of BPA, BPS, lead, toxins, and harmful phthalates.
- Utopia Kitchen Bamboo Cutting Board: ditch the plastic cutting boards for this lightweight bamboo alternative.
- Recycled Glass Oil Bottle: infuse your own oils and store your homemade salad dressings with this recycled glass oil bottle cruet.
- Reusable Refillable K Cup Filter: kick the disposable K cup habit with these reusable filters. Simply fill with your favorite coffee of choice for single-serve cups that don’t require plastic waste.
- Indoor Organic Herb Garden Starter Kit: tell dad to stop buying herb bunches that go to waste at the market, and start growing them himself! This indoor herb potting set include non-GMO seeds, soil, and biodegradable peat pots to kickstart fresh flavor right from his kitchen windowsill.
Gift for the Green + Ethical Traveler Dad
Clueless about what to get for the ethical intrepid traveler dad in your life? A few simple and sustainable travel goodies will go a long way when you spend a lot of time on the road.
- Corkor Vegan Wallet | 100% Cork: Does dad need a new wallet, but you want to avoid leather? Try cork instead! This vegan wallet is made from cork and is a cool alternative to animal hide. He’ll love the style and have a great story to tell when others ask about his interesting-looking bill fold.
- Stainless Steel Straw + Brush Set: Help eliminate plastic straws U Konserve's reusable steel straw set. This non-toxic stainless steel straw is dishwasher safe, and comes with a handy straw brush to get rid of leftover grime and grit.
- LivEko Eco-Friendly Travel Coffee Mug: save single-use coffee cups when you’re on the go with this eco-friendly travel mug made from bamboo and porcelain.
- Biodegradable Travel Toothbrush + Natural Floss Set: ditch the plastic toothbrush for this green oral care set consisting of a bamboo travel toothbrush and natural dental floss.
- Portable Solar Power Charger for Smartphones and Tablets: forget those travel charging converters, use solar polar instead! This portable solar charger is perfect for travelers, hikers, and those who love the outdoors — just soak up the sun and recharge your tech trouble-free.
Gifts for the Eco-Conscious Outdoorsman
Is dad the type who loves to get lost in the woods? I’ve got the perfect green gift gear that travels light, made from durable (and sustainable) materials, and doesn’t pollute the outdoors.
- LIFE 2 GO Portable Camping Kitchen Utensil Set: have a dad that would rather be living in the woods? I know my father would, I grew up living out of tents most summers. Get your happy camper a set up camping kitchen tools that are super easy to pack and go.
- Solmate Recycled Cotton Socks: keep those toes warm all winter long with these soft socks made from recycled cotton.
- Tioga Woods Cedar Soy Candle: Bring the scent of nature indoors with this soy candle made with cedar essential oils. Perfect for chilly nights cozied up indoors!
- GO! Organic Bamboo Compressed Pop-Up Towels: these compact, reusable bamboo towels open to full size with only a few drops of water and can be used again and again for up to 4-6 weeks. They are biodegradable, compostable, and are perfect for keeping in the car or on trips to replace rags and paper towels.
- Tree Tribe Stainless Steel Water Bottle: is your outdoorsman always breaking and losing water bottles? This indestructible, BPA-free water bottle is perfect for hot and cold drinks and has a wide mouth with easy carrying cap. And feel good knowing that for every purchase, Tree Tribe plants 10 trees!
Gifts for the Green + Mindful Homebody
Not sure what to gift the environmentally-conscious domestic dweller? Never fear, we’ve got the perfect gifts for homebodies who love to make their home their eco-sanctuary.
- WOO Handmade Eco Beeswax Aromatherapy Candle Box: this environmentally responsible candle is handmade from beeswax and lightly scented with essential oils
- Handmade Coffee Soap: who doesn’t love a handmade soap? We recently switched from shower gels (so much plastic!) to bar soap, so I love picking up homemade soaps from small makers and shops that focus on sustainability.
- Bamboo + BPA-Free Toothbrush Set: ditch the plastic handle and bristles with this toothbrush set made from natural bamboo fibers and 100% plastic-free packaging.
- Potmaker Paper Pot Press: have a family member with a green thumb on your list? This do-it-yourself kit makes small pots out of newspaper for budding seedlings.
- Poo-Pouri Fresh Spray: ok, we had to throw one gag gift in here. This “poo” potpourri is the perfect gift for that special someone who spends a little too much time in the bathroom (sound like any dads you know?!?). Made of essential oils and other natural compounds—with no harsh chemicals, aerosol, parabens, phthalates, or formaldehyde. Only fresh (and non-toxic) smells allowed!
More eco-friendly gift suggestions that won't break the bank
I hope you found this eco-friendly Father’s Day gift guide useful and inspiring as you transition to greener gift giving for dad’s day, and for holidays throughout the year, such as:
- Give the Gift of Low Waste with this Zero Waste Gift Guide
- The Ultimate Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- 20 Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers Under $20
- Earth-Friendly Father's Day Gift Guide