Carrot Top Pesto
Carrot Top Pesto, a simple pesto recipe made from fresh carrot greens, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oil. A unique food waste recovery recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings (1/2 cup each) 1x
- Category: Sauces & Dips
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Italian
- Add carrot tops, pine nuts, and garlic cloves to food processor and pulse until chopped. Slowly add in oil and continue pulsing until well combined, but not smooth.
- Add parmesan, salt, and pepper and pulse a few more times until combined.
- Use as a sauce with your favorite pasta, vegetables, meat, seafood, or dip.
Leftovers & Storage: store pesto in airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week; freeze for up to two months (possibly longer)
Nutrition: This carrot top pesto is a good source of vitamin and calcium, and is high in protein per serving. It is also rich in healthy fats, which increase satiety and play a role in cell health.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 cup)
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 24g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: carrot top pesto, carrot greens