Maple Mustard Brussels Sprouts with Shallots
A simple roasted brussels sprouts recipe featuring shallots, maple syrup, stone ground mustard that is gluten-free and vegan. A great make ahead dish for the holidays!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (1.25 cups each)
- Category: Salads & Side Dishes
- Method: Roasting, baking
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 2-3 slices pancetta, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Combine brussels sprouts, sliced shallot, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, and salt and pepper in large bowl and mix well. If using, dice raw pancetta and mix with vegetables.
- Transfer to oiled cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes depending on your oven. Stir periodically to ensure sprouts brown on all sides, then serve immediately or let cool and store in refrigerator to be eaten later.
- Tools needed: sheet pan, glass mixing bowls
- Notes: My trick for perfectly brown (and not burned) brussels is to leave them untouched for first 10 minutes, then flip every 5-7 minutes after to prevent burning and let them crispy on all sides.
- Leftovers & Storage: There’s rarely leftovers, but store in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator and reheat in a pan or microwave. Do not freeze, frozen and thawed brussels will not have the same texture and will get mushy.
- Nutrition: Nutrition information is for brussels sprouts without optional pancetta. This simple brussels sprouts side dish is a good source of fiber and is high in vitamin C, which being low in sodium and high in healthy fats…and flavor!
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1.25 cups)
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, gluten-free, vegan